Remote Desktop (Preview) (Early Access)
A remote desktop application allows you to connect to your computer from a phone or another computer. When you want to take a file from your PC but you are away from it or you want to play a simple PC game on your phone in all these situations a remote desktop application will come into your help. The best remote desktop app allows you quick and easy access and controls one PC from another computer or from the phone via the internet or local network. There are a number of them out there and one among them is Microsoft Remote Desktop. If you have a Windows computer and an Android smartphone or tablet then this is the app to get.
The remote desktop connection was first introduced in Windows XP and later it has continued in every Windows release since then. While the server software only works on Windows, client applications are available for platforms including Android. Windows brings you this simple app that is set up using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Remote FX that adds support for Windows gesture on Android devices. For getting started with the Android app, you have to enable remote desktop access on your phone. Microsoft disables this feature from working on its Home edition. The Android app will automatically detect the PC on your network and your login authorizations are your username and password. Microsoft Remote Desktop is a free download from the Google Play Store.
Some of its key features are:
- Access managed resources published by your admin. Connect through Remote Desktop Gateway.
- Secure connection to your data and applications.
- Simple management of your connection and user account from the connection center.
- Audio and video streaming.
- Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
- Access remote PC running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
- Redirect your clipboard and local storage.