YOGA CAN CURE YOUR STRESS HEADACHE
Headache is now a common feeling in normal human life, irrespective of age or gender. It is most commonly seen in older teens and adults. The most reasons behind a headache are stress, depression, head injury, or anxiety. These feelings can lead to muscle contractions and thus end up with what doctors term ‘stress headache’. Headaches can cause mild to intense pain behind your eyes and also in your head and neck. According to the research of clinical neurology, stress headaches affect roughly 70% of people, and they can last from 30 minutes to even 72 hours.
When you found yourself under this severe condition, never go out for a pill. Instead, there is a magical wonder that can make you rid of this unpleasant situation within minutes. And the name of that wonder is ‘Yoga’. Move out from your medicine cabinet, instead, get straight onto your yoga mat.
3 Yoga poses to cure stress headache:
- Shashankasana (Child’s Pose)
- Kneel on the floor and sit on your heels in comfort and then bend down.
- Now make your hands in a forwarding stretched position. Touch the ground with your forehead.
- Be in this position for at least 2 minutes and then get back to the original position.
- Seated Neck Release
- Sit in a comfortable position. Make sure your spine is straight and your neck is lengthened.
- Now place your left hand on the right side of your head. Slowly tilt to the left of your head.
- Hold in this position for a few breaths and then slowly switch to the other side.
- Repeat on both sides a few times to reduce the intensity of the headache.
- Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose)
- Stand straight with the feet together and keep your hands on both sides.
- Now take a much deep breath. Then lift up your hands above your head.
- Breathe out and bend down towards your feet.
- Try to touch the floor with your hands.
- Stay in this position for at least 30 seconds and slowly come back to the original posture.
When you are Doing Yoga Listen to Calm Music. For that purpose, you can use Calm Mobile App. Calm is a leading app for meditation and sleep.
Join the millions experiencing lower stress, less anxiety, and more restful sleep with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, masterclasses, and relaxing music. Recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.