KEEP YOUR DRIVING LICENSE ON PHONE
Think about the situation that you suddenly realize you forgot to take your driving license with you while you go on a holiday tour with your family. And all of a sudden, you are caught by the vehicle department and they put a fine on you. This situation can happen to anyone at any time.
Here our Indian government has come up with a solution for such a situation for getting people out of the troubles. The solution is the mParivahan App. Now with the launch of this application, you need not carry all your documents such as driving license, registration copy of your vehicle, etc. in physical form. Instead, you can submit all the documents needed for the motor vehicle department through this application in digital form. The only thing to remember is that a scanned copy of the form is not acceptable.
Steps to download a virtual copy of your documents:
mParivahan application is available for both Android and iOS devices. Follow these simple steps for using the app and to get the virtual copy of your documents:
- Download and install the mParivahan app on your device using Google play store or the app store.
- On the top right corner of the app home screen, you can find the menu option. Click on the signup option.
- Sign up using your mobile number and get the One Time Password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and complete the sign-in process.
- Find and click the RC tab on the home screen.
- You can find the RC owner information of any vehicle you need to know.
Steps to download virtual driving license and RC:
- Open the app and click on the RC button.
- Enter the vehicle number without any space.
- Select the ‘add to a dashboard for virtual RC’ option.
- Save it and do the same for downloading the license.