Wavelet: Headphone specific equalisation
Nowadays our smartphones have become the prime source for all of our media consumptions. In early days we depended on iPod’s and Mp3 players for listening to music, DVD players and Desktop for watching movies, but now we just use our smartphones mostly for these things. So when we are listening to music, watching a movie or even playing games we always wish for the best audio quality to enjoy it to the fullest. Unfortunately, the built-in speakers in smartphones mostly become incapable to rise up to our expectations. Even though the OS has supported equalizers, it’s still not a great experience. As an equalizer allows us to customize our audio experience there is a huge demand for equalizer apps and a lot of this is available in the play store. ‘Wavelet: Headphone specific equalizer’ is one such equalizer app.
Wavelet is comparatively newest in the list of equalizers since it came out in 2020. The app is offered by pittvandewitt. Wavelet is an app primarily designed for headphones but it can even enhance the speaker of some phones. Usually, the apps that enhance the sound quality of Android gadgets require root entry but for wavelet the case is different. The app offers extensive customization options and a library of more than 2,000 headphone profiles that helps us to get the most neutral sound possible with the option to fine-tune. The app comes with a sleek, simple and straightforward interface. The basic functionality of Wavelet is free but to get certain special features like reverberation, a virtualizer and bass tuner one have to purchase the app.
- Auto Eq: All models have been measured and compensated to the Harman target to provide you with the best sound quality.
- 9-band Graphic equalizer: Compensate for missing frequencies or annoying spikes.
- Bass booster: Add some extra thumb to the beat.
- Reverberation: Simulate reverberation in tracks.
- Virtualizer: Add specialization effects to music.
- Bass tuner: Remove unwanted resonance from bass frequencies.
- Limiter: Remove unwanted volume peaks.
- Channel balance: Restore the balance between left and right channel.