How To Make Online Payment Of Traffic Violation
Almost all of us might have got Traffic fines for speeding, parking on footpaths, while driving under the influence etc. As per the latest rules, officers charge high penance even for minute misconducts. This is to keep a check on the increasing road traffic accident which is on high spike these days. Nowadays, traffic cameras are installed on every nook and corner of the city as prying eyes to lay hold off violators and within a blink of an eye, e-challans are issued, which is simply an electronic format of the bill. We are often asked to pay these fines directly at their offices. But now, with digitally globalized strategies, traffic bills could be paid online. This is a new facility created under the MoRTH, Government of India. You can pay the bills and check the status time to time through this.
Below added are the steps to follow to pay your bills:
The official website of the motor vehicle department is parivahan.gov.in.
- Users have to search for the E-challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution option here.
- A window opens with many options including e-challan enable, what is e-challan, e-challan status etc. Click on the e-challan status menu.
- You can check your status using your Challan number, Driving license number or vehicle number. Choose the suitable option and enter the verification captcha. Click on Get details option.
- You can access your e-challan here. Sometimes you would be able to generate two different challans using your driving license and vehicle number separately. Note it down and follow the bills carefully
- Next is the payment option. Click on the ‘Pay Now’ option. An OTP is sent to your verified mobile number. Then you’re redirected back to the e-challan website page.
- Different payment gateways are shown including Net Banking, UPI, Card payments etc… You can choose a suitable option and complete the payment.
- A confirmation notification will be produced showing the status of a payment.
You can use Pmarivahan Mobile App For This purpose Download Now
Online payment of e-challan is a very coherent method to pay your bills especially at this time of the global pandemic. And always remember you can’t get home unless you’re safe.