How to apply for Indian passport
Passport is a mandatory document for those who are going to abroad. Nowadays you can apply or renew a passport online with a smartphone or tablet easily. You can update your passport information through passport seva website passport seva application and passport & Visa Division Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
You can apply and submit the application for a new passport online via Passport Seva Online System. You can access the website through the link
And the application is now available on Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry devices. You can download the application through the link that provided below;
Documents required for passport application
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, Identity card, Indian driving license)
- Proof of Residence (Ration card)
- Proof of Nationality
Steps to apply for a new passport
- First you need to register with passport seva and create a username and password.
- After that you can see a document advisor link, click on the link to know about the required documents for your passport verification.
- Click on the option “Apply for fresh passport / Re-issue of passport”.
- After that fill the application form regards with your document.
- Then click on the option “ Pay and Schedule Appointment” on the screen “View Saved/Submitted Applications” to schedule an appointment. (you need to pay for the passport application fee to get an appointment)
- The online payment through net banking, Debit/Credit card (Master card and Visa card) and via SBI bank challan is mandatory for scheduling an appointment.
- After that click on the “Print application receipt” option. The application form contains Application Reference Number (ARN) and Appointment Number.
- You need this application for further processing (for attending the appointment). / An SMS with your appointment details.
- Finally visit the Passport Seva Kendra / Regional Passport Office for further verifications.